We are in unprecedented times and they seem to me to be a call for prayer. We all know that if we call out to God, He will hear our prayer. II Chronicles 7:14 “..if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
What: We are creating a Better Together Online Prayer Event. It will run from Saturday morning March 21st at 6:00 am to Sunday morning March 22nd at 6:00 am. We are asking each of you to call your churches to join in this Better Together Prayer event.
How can I join in? We are asking you to let your church and other circles know about this B.T. Online Prayer Event and encourage your churches to join in.
How does it work? There will be a sign-up link on Pure Heart’s home page for the Better Together online Prayer Event. You click on the link and it will allow you to sign up to join in. The day will be broken into three hour segments. Don’t fear, we are not asking you to pray for three hours but to commit to praying for part of that particular three-hour time frame.
We will provide some prayer points so that you will have plenty to pray over during your time.
Thank you for joining.
-Pray for the Church to rise up to the opportunities God is giving us to show compassion, creativity and unity which will show off the power of Jesus Christ. Pray that those who don’t know Jesus are drawn to him.
-Pray for wisdom for our leaders. Political and Medical. “Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” Rom 13:1
-Pray that this time will awakening many to their need for Jesus.
-It is very easy to get overwhelmed and fearful in the midst of the unknown, but God’s word says, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).
-We pray against the further spread of the coronavirus worldwide and the compete healing for those who are currently affected.
-Ask God to protect the elderly and those in compromised health situations who are the most vulnerable to this virus. “But you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water; and I will remove sickness from your midst” (Exodus 23:25).
-We come against depression for those who have lost jobs whose children are out of school, or who feel helpless or isolated. Father, thank You that we can cast all of our anxieties on You because You care for us (1 Peter 5:7).
-Father of Truth, we pray that the media would be restrained from hype or exaggeration to boost their ratings through sensationalism and stoking fear
You might also be interested in praying the prayer that Anne Graham Lotz prayed for our nation recently.
In a world of famine, floods, and fire; disease, death, and the disruption of our everyday activities, we choose to look up…from our knees. We see You seated on the throne of glory, in control of all things. All things. We know that You are a God of mercy, of grace, of faithfulness, of loving-kindness. So we reject fear of the coronavirus and its impact on our lives, and instead, place our faith in You. You have said that Your ears are open to our cry, that Your eyes are upon us, and that Your arms are long enough to reach us and strong enough to hold us. Hold us now. Hold us close. Quiet our racing hearts. Breathe Your Spirit of peace into the fear and turmoil within us. Even as I pray for Your peace, I wonder…could this wicked, insidious, evil virus be the trigger that sparks a spiritual awakening in our beloved nation? Are You trying to get our attention, demanding that we wake up in our relationship with You? I know we desperately need to wake up. We have legalized defiance of Your institution of marriage; we celebrate relationships that contradict Your instructions; we exterminate life that You created and that bears Your image…for our own convenience; we have become so secularized we don’t even acknowledge You exist, much less reverence or obey You. You have my attention. Therefore, like the prophet Daniel of old, I turn to You in humility and shame as I confess on behalf of America some of the national sins that come to mind…
- I confess national addiction to sex. To money. To pleasure. To entertainment. To pornography. To technology. To drugs. To alcohol. To food. To television. To popularity. To ourselves.
- I confess our foolishness of denying You as the one, true, living God, our Creator to whom we are accountable, living as though our lives are a cosmic accident with no eternal significance, purpose or meaning.
- I confess our greed that has run up trillions of dollars of national debt.
- I confess our arrogance and pride that has led us to think we are sufficient in ourselves.
- I confess to believing that the prosperity of our nation is because we are great while refusing to acknowledge that all blessings come from Your hand.
- I confess that we depend upon our military might and our weapons systems to protect us from harm and danger while denying, defying, and ignoring You.
- I confess that we have succumbed to the pressure of pluralism in our desire to be inclusive so that we honor other gods as though You are just one of many.
- I confess that we have allowed the material blessings You have given us to deceive us into thinking we don’t need You.
- I confess that we live as though material wealth and prosperity will bring happiness. • I confess that we have marginalized truth and mainstreamed lies.
- I confess that we have become one nation under many gods, divided and polarized, with license to sin and justice that no longer follows the rule of law.
Holy Spirit of the living God, convince us of the need to turn away from our sin and get right with You. Lord God, have mercy on us! As we repent of our sin and return to You, return to us! There is no one like You to help the powerless against this mighty disease. Help us, O Lord our God, for we rely on You and in Your name we come against this vast, invisible enemy.
Once again, we hold You to the promise you gave to King Solomon. You said, When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land, or send a plague among My people, You said if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, You said then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. You said, Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayers…
We hold You to Your word as we plead with You. Hear our prayer. Forgive our sin. Heal our land. We are standing in the gap for our nation. We pray in the name of the One who is Our Deliverer. Our Beautiful and only Savior. Lord of the nations. Son of God and Son of Man. The living, reigning, soon to return Lord of lords and King of kings, Jesus Christ.
In His name and for His glory we pray,
Thank you !!